Sunday, October 13, 2013

Baguio City - Cheap Accommodation.


This is one of the few series I'll be doing about our Baguio trip last May. We spent 5 days there and its one of the best vacations we've ever had. The nicest thing about it was we were with Nyx. It was Nyx's first time to see Baguio and I wanted him to see all the beautiful places and people of Baguio. One thing that stopped us from doing that was the weather. It was rainy then.. But I noticed the trend.. It rained during afternoons only... So we spent time touring the city before lunch. We leave the house as early as 6 AM and get back home when it starts to rain. Anyway, this was anticipated. Since weather in Baguio is generally rainy. I should know, since I spent a year there when I was still on my freshman year in college. :)

I haven't tried staying at a hotel there whenever we visit there for vacation. Hotel accommodations range from Php 1000 - 4000 per night. I don't have that money to spend on travel expenses plus I enjoy my Baguio trips as much as hotel-lodgers do. So I just got used to staying in transients. I stay along Engineer's hill drive (either lower or upper) since it's just located at the back of Victory Liner terminal. Aside from it's affordable rates, it's also very accessible to some local tourist spots like Burn ham Park, Session Road and SM Baguio. 

Its the road just behind my 2 boys. :)


Super lapit diba? It's walking distance so it saves a lot on transportation expenses. :)

We stayed in the same transient Erick and I usually stays. Its very cheap @ Php 300 per night. Nyx's accommodation was of course free of charge. I highly recommend this to people who are not too "maarte" when it comes to lodging. All we needed was a television, clean rest room and clean room. And this transient house met our criteria.  Here's how it looked like: 

This was the room, with one cabinet.

Our kitchen area.

Restroom :) not so nice pero atleast its clean. :)
Very spacious living room area. (TV and sala set not shown in this photo, on far right corner)

Dining area. :)

Family picture taken in the living room. :)
Nyx staring at the window. :)
It was very homey. It felt like we were just home. Since we stayed there for 5 days, we had to save up on food so I cooked our meal most of the time. Just across the street, there were "talipapas", sari sari stores and "ihawans" where we can get practically everything we needed. It was really convenient for us. The only difficult part was we were on the 4th floor, rooftop. We chose to occupy this area since its most peaceful here plus we didn't have to share it with other occupants. :) This place was really convenient for us. :)

I know some may not like the place, but for those travelling in groups and would wish to save money, you may try out the place. You can go to Baguio for a little over Php 3000 including travel expenses. :)

If you want to know more about the place, just ask me. :)

Related post: Baguio - on the road.



No comments: