Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Baguio City, Philippines – DIY Baguio trip


Baguio is known as one of the greatest tourist spots in the country due to its cool, soothing and calming weather. Being a tropical country, a quick getaway to Baguio is definitely a great way to relieve ourselves from the scorching heat especially during summer.

Baguio is known for these wonderful tourist attractions:



  • ·         Burnham Park
  • ·         Baguio Cathedral
  • ·         Session Road
  • ·         Camp John Hay
  • ·         The Mansion
  • ·         Wright Park
  • ·         Mines View Park
  • ·         Baguio Botanical Garden
  • ·         Philippine Military Academy
  • ·         Kennon Road
  • ·         Mount Santo Tomas
  • ·         Lourdes Grotto
  • ·         Bell Church
  • ·         Tam-awan Village
  • ·         Asin Hot Springs
  • ·         Wood Carver's Village
  • ·         Easter Weaving Room
  • ·         Maryknoll Ecological Sanctuary
  • ·         Balatoc Mines & Crosby Park
  • ·         Strawberry Farm 

  • Source


So far, I have gone to 11 out of these 20 places. Those in bold letters are usually the places you can find within the vicinity of Baguio City. Some places our outside the town proper which made it harder for us to include this in our itinerary. If you’d like to visit all these places at one time, you must be prepared to create a week-long itinerary and make sure to check on the weather condition so you can maximize your stay here. 

I am including this in my blog because this is part of Nyx’s milestones. I’ve said it many times.. this blog is all about Nyx. In May, we planned a trip to Baguio with Nyx. I’ve been to Baguio more than 20x already and I want Nyx to experience how it feels like to be in a place with such great climate and atmosphere. I studied in University of the Philippines, Baguio a few years back and since then, I loved the place. Actually, that’s an understatement. I adore the place. I was the one who introduced this place to Erick in 2010, and since then, Erick has travelled back and forth to this place many times too. I want Nyx to love the place too. Someday, Erick and I dream to move there permanently. I wish everything falls into place.. in time.


I was never fond of travelling. I started to like the idea of travelling when I started reading travel blogs. I owe a lot of my travels to a lot of travel bloggers out here in the blogosphere. So I feel any information I can share about my travels and future travels will definitely help anyone who drops by this blog. So I’d like to share my Baguio travel experience on a separate blog post. I hope it can help. :) 

More to come!


No comments: