Thursday, January 31, 2013

Learning ABC and many more!

I am just so glad to share with you that my son has progressed a lot when it comes to learning ABC. I remember telling myself that I don't want to put my son to formal school before he turns 4 before I even gave birth to him. Feeling ko lang mabilis syang magsasawa because of the new ladderized Education system now here in the Philippines. Pero on second thought, I realized that sending him to school will enhance his development and socialization skills. So, I might send him to Kumon or day care this year but the plan is so not finalized yet. One thing I'm worried about is because "bulol" pa din sya.. But I'm so proud of Nyx kasi lately he has shown signs of progress in terms of his speech. Pag di pa din dumiretso ung salita nya before June starts, I may consult na with a Speech Therapist.

Moving on...

I'm just so glad kasi diba I shared here a few days ago na we started introducing the Alphabet to him na and we started with the first 5 letters of the Alphabet..

Well, this morning we had teaching session again and I'm so glad na from 5 letters, 14 letters na ang alam nya!

He's a fast learner, indeed. We did that in less than an hour. Feeling ko kasi he can only focus for an hour or so.. Afterwards, nahihirapan na sya magfocus, therefore, di na nareretain ung tinuturo ko so I thought its best if I teach him more often pero dapat short lessons lang. Teacher na teacher lang ang peg ko sa kanya whenever we have our lessons.

This weekend, I plan on teaching him na how to hold a pencil properly. I bought him a multitude of books and coloring materials na pero since my mom never keeps it, I have to buy a lot more and this time, I plan to have a small study corner sa room ko for Nyx para he'll know na pag andun sya, its study time na.

My mom tells me na she started teaching us these letters and numbers daw when we were 4 years old. Feeling ko kasi nahuhuli na ko. I have been seeing a lot of kids his age learning alphabet and numbers at a very young age. Dont get me wrong ah! Nyx knows how to count na from 1-20 even before he turned 2. Thanks to Disney Jr shows! ☺Lately, when he started learning how to use computers, phones and tablets... he seldom watches TV na.

Sigh.

Ang hirap talagang maging parent.

Anyways, I'm sure everything will fall in its place. ☺

From time to time naman I confiscate his tablet.. Magtatantrums lang sya saglit then later, he learns to accept it. Ill just do that more often siguro. ☺

(Side kwento lang for the record..)

Erick and I also had a little misunderstanding kanina pero it was resolved right away. I waited for him for almost 5 hours kasi tas when he got to our room he wasnt smiley and he seemed not appreciative.. Yun pala, he was not too happy kasi nung dumating sya sa house, he found the food not covered on the table.  So yun! Mejo di maganda mood nya .I got upset din. He was apologetic naman so madali ako nasuyo.  Mabilis naman naresolve kasi it was so petty. And we both slept happy. ☺

********************************

I have'nt told Eric yet pero I was able to book a flight to Cebu for August courtesy of Tiger Airway's Piso fare. I'll show Erick the itinerary then we'll pay na. I dont have credit cards anymore so payment has to be made via Cebuana Lhuillier (or other locations) within 18 hours from the time I booked the flight. So, I'm excited to tell Erick about it! Ang hirap kaya mag-book! ☺You can check their website here.

It was a great Thursday indeed! ☺


 
Its almost weekend!
Just hang on! ☺

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont worry too much Nyx is a smart kid.. let him enjoy his childhood.. tita oni

Nyx&Lia said...

Thanks Tita! Feel free to read up on this blog so you'll be updated samen sa haus.. hehe. Thanks! ingat kayo!

Anonymous said...

yes i will.. miss you all..