Monday, February 25, 2013

Baguio. :)

I know I have already shared here how fascinated we are with Baguio. Erick wants to settle down there in fact. Ako din. There’s just something in that place na ang sarap balik balikan. Siguro kasi I found peace there. It’s my haven. I studied there for a year and it’s definitely unforgettable.
Few years ago, when Erick and I were just friends, I introduced him to this place. It was his first time. And since then, pabalik-balik na sya sa Baguio.
In fact, it was a co-incidence that we stay in the same transient house whenever we visit Baguio. Dahil dyan, pareho namin kilala si “Ate Nining”. She’s the very nice and accomodating land lady sa transient house na to.
Sa super dalas ni Erick sa Baguio, one of his colleagues asked him to book a reservation for a family in Ate Nining’s transient house for the Flower Festival. So, last weekend yun dapat. The reservation was set na so in the middle of Saturday night, nagising kami sa text ni Ate Nining asking what time darating ung nagpareserve – which reminded Erick na hindi pa pala nagfofollow-up ung officemate nya. Hmp! How inconsiderate! (pero ok na.. forgiven na.. kasi the following day, nagtext ung son nya saying that nasugod pala sa emergency si Mommy Verns so di sila natuloy. )
So you know what Erick thought about?!
He was insisting that we go to Baguio instead para hindi nakakahiya kay Ate Nining. Matagal na kasi namin pinapangarap na makita si Nyx na tumatakbo around Burnham park or Mines View. He was dead serious. As in. I just had to say “yes” daw tapos gigisingin na nya si Nyx at aalis na kami. I thought about it. Buti na lang hindi ako nagpadala sa kanya. Kasi mega gastos na nga kami dahil sa renovation, sabayan pa namin ng Baguio escapade. Baka ma-drain na ang little savings namin. So I told him we’ll go there some other time. Plus, I don’t suggest that we go there during Flower festival kasi super daming tao. Hindi masaya makipagsiksikan sa Session Road with a 3-year old kid noh!
So ayun na nga.
Hindi kami natuloy.
In October of last year, nangyari na din to. Out of the blue, niyaya ko sya mag-Baguio. He said yes kagad without hesitations. So we went there unplanned. This time, ako ang di pumayag. J
I’m sure next time na bigla kami magkayayaan, matutuloy na un. J
If you want a cheap transient house in Baguio, you can message me and maybe we can help you with the reservation. I’ll post pictures of the place when I have the time. It’s super cheap kasi it’s only Php 300.00 per head. The place has a common restroom (with hot shower, ofcourse!), common living room with TV (cable) and you can even use the common kitchen if you want to cook your own food. J This is ideal for people travelling in large groups kasi super cheap lang ng place. Walking distance lang sya sa Victory liner terminal. J



No comments: