Monday, February 25, 2013

On Learning the art of cooking.

I don’t cook and sometimes, I feel bad about it. Siguro I’m upset with myself din kasi I’m not like any woman of my age. I have tried several times to live on my own away from my parents and during these times, yan ang lagi kong problema. What to cook and how. I remember when I was still living with Niño when I was still pregnant, I had to call my mom and cook while on the phone with her. Given all the detailed instructions, ganon pa din. Sometimes, OK. Most of the time, sablay. Mas madalas ung sablay. My mom is a very good cook so I still believe na if I’ll take it seriously, matututo din ako. Dun kasi ako nahihirapan sa part na pagtimpla ng vinegar, soysouce or any condiments. For some reason, di ko sya ma-gets. And it’s so frustrating.
I remember one time when I met Erick’s friends for the first time, I was asked to cook “adobo” for them. I was nervous. Kasi di ko nga sya magets. Super hindi sya edible at first then I started putting in a lot of sugar, Surprisingly, everyone liked it. Erick even said that it was the most delicious “adobo” he ever tasted! Until now, there were times na nagtatanong sya if I can still cook that same ”adobo”, unfortunately, hindi ko na kaya. I’m not even sure how I cooked it. L
Anyway, good thing, Erick is not so hard to please. I’m proud that there are two dishes I’m expert at! And Erick is so inlove with them, pati si Nyx. So when I’m in the mood to cook, I cook these for them.



That’s Purefoods Sisig and Argentina Corned beef. 
For the corned beef, I put a decent amount of onion and a lot of potatoes (kasi Nyx super loves potatoes!). I put right amount of salt and that’s it. I taste other corned beef and feeling ko ibang iba ung akin (hihi!). O baka kasi exaggerated lang si Erick. For the sisig, I just put a lot of chili and chicharon without any other condiments. Basta naman maanghang, it pleases Erick na. :) I’ll try to cook more so I can cook for them. I know eventually we have to get our own place so I better start learning how to cook. J By the way, I can also cook great “Sinigang”! J

No comments: