Monday, February 18, 2013

Our first Valentines! ♥♥

I wasn’t really expecting a lot kasi knowing Erick, wala naman ako talaga aasahan sa kanya. He’s not the kind of guy who will exert an effort to surprise you.. kahit naman during those days na “ligawan” pa lang. He let out emotions na ikakikilig mo, or he says words out of the blue that will sweep you off your feet. He’ll be your constant companion kasi he’ll never leave you alone. Pero when it comes to special occasions like this, do not expect anything from him. Naku, this will disappoint you big time. Anyway, napag-usapan na namin yan at napag-awayan na din. So I’m moving on… J
Di naman sa totally wala syang ginawa.. When he came home from work, he brought me Ferrero chocolates and Chocolate Truffle flavoured – Magnum (2 of my all-time favorites!). Dahil medyo nag-iinarte ako.. I gave Nyx the ice cream then I set aside the chocolates for later.
It was around 4 PM na when Nyx ate the ice cream. He took a nap na and we were almost getting ready to doze off. Just when I was about to fall asleep, I heard Nyx crying out loud in the middle of his sleep. I tried to ignore it kasi baka bad dream lang saka he was sleeping with my dad naman kaya no worries. Pero when my dad began to call out my name, I almost jumped off from bed. I saw Nyx scratching his whole body literally from head to toe. Then when the light was turned on, I saw a lot of rashes all over his body. Not the usual ones huh. It was bothering. My mom was out so I called aunt and lola for help.. then mom came na din in a bit. Nyx’s ears was swollen. So confirmed! allergy nga daw. So I gave him a dose of antihistamine first before rushing him to the hospital. Deadma muna ang away namin ni Erick, he had to come with me and he did. Parang wala na lang nangyari.
Our lunch was ”ginataang alimasag” (crab cooked in coconut milk). He super liked it nga e. He even told us not to eat too much of it kasi sa kanya un. So malamang, natrigger nung ice cream ung allergy nya dun. I’m not sure. That’s just my colleague’s theory. Basta, for now.. strictly no-crab diet sya.
His rashes looked like these:
 




On our way to the hospital, mejo nahimasmasan na sya. I know na he was feeling better na pero he still didn’t look ok. I chose to bring him to St. Dominic Hospital. I know na it does not have great reputation pero since it’s the nearest (about 5 minutes away), I was left with no choice.
 In fairness, the nurses on duty were friendly and nice. What bothered me at that time was because there was no attending physician. So when I requested that a doctor insert the needle to my son for dextrose, there was none available. I was even informed na dahil medyo mataba si Nyx and there were rashes all over the skin, they have to do “blind spotting”… I’m not sure if that’s how they referred to it exactly pero it sounds like that. I was worried. Sabi ko sana one attempt lang para hindi madala si Nyx, di daw possible yun! Hay! I kept calm despite that kasi Nyx looked calm. Ayaw ko mag-panic.
There it goes.

There were rashes all over his body. :(


He was scratching his entire body the entire time. :(


Mega sumbong sya kay Erick while I was being interviewed by the nurses.


Ayan pa oh..

They tried inserting the needle in his 2 hands, both attempts failed. Nyx was hysterical na so di na din calm ang aura ko. I asked in a loud voice if there were other options. Meron naman pala e. They injected the drug in his 2 arms. It looked saturated so I know medyo masakit sya as it ran thru the muscles and veins. Sigh. Super nakakaawa sya. He was like begging the nurses to stop na.
That was the longest 20 minutes of my life yata.
I didn't take pictures na while he was being injected.. pero he was smiling like this na after a few minutes so the medicine was really effective.


Relieved Mommy and smiley Nyx. :)

Finally, tapos na. The rashes subsided in no time. We were just waiting for the attending physician to prescribe take home medicine. We were asked to wait there kasi nag-rorounds pa daw ung doctor. Fine. We waited. It was over 30 minutes na and Erick’s phone was drained na din so we knew that Nyx will start complaining na. So he did. He started roaming around the ER kasi kami lang naman ang patients at that time. Everybody was so fond of him. He started asking the nurses..
“Doctor, galing na ko diba.. Punta na kami Jollibee, Mcdo saka Shakey’s..ok?!”
He went on as if chanting that line for soooo many times! Pero the nurses didn’t look annoyed kasi my son looked so cute and handsome para mainis sila! :p
I was impatient na  kasi Erick and I have work that night pa.
So pikon na ko when I asked them kung ganong katagal pa kami maghihintay. Kung pwedeng itawag na lang ung prescription. The nurse replied na baka mas maganda ung ibigay na antihistamine. So, I extended my patience.
Finally,  after over an hour of long wait..
The doctor arrived.
Only to find out na same medicine pa din ang itatake ni Nyx. The same antihistamine prescribed by his pediatrician.
I was pissed and I made that obvious.
To summarize..
If it’s not an emergency case, I’ll never go back to St. Dominic Hospital again. I don’t think it’s acceptable to not have a paediatrician available in an Emergency room. What if it’s a life and death situation! Oh my!  Kawawa naman ang mga bata.
Sigh.
We went to Jollibee as usual,  as per Nyx’s request, then we headed home.
We arrived home around 8 PM, slept for a little over 2 hours then lazily went off to work.
This was how we celebrated our first Valentines together.
Sabi ni Erick babawi daw sya next year, let’s see!





2 comments:

Matthew Cherry said...

Hello, my name is Matthew Cherry. i run and maintan a blog named Rock Your freedom. would you be willing to follow me at rockyourfreedom.blogspot.com? thank you!

Anonymous said...

Geng musta na si Nyx? wala na b ung mga rashes nya? ingat palagi.. miss you all.. Tita Oni