Monday, February 25, 2013

Happiness. :)

We normally plan our weekends ahead of time. But since there were scattered rains the entire week last week, we thought it would be better if we’d rather stay home. It was Inay’s (Erick’s mom) birthday last Friday, February 22nd, and since it was raining hard all day, we were left with no choice but to stay at home kasi nga mahirap bumiyahe especially with a kid during rainy days. So un na nga, we stayed home instead of going home in Batangas.
Minsan lang to mangyari na we have a long weekend so I was super thrilled. Again, we had no plans kasi nga we were kinda expecting the weather to be not cooperative.. So while we were watching TV, Friday afternoon, we thought of having a major renovation of our room. It badly needs renovation din kasi. The walls, ceiling and the windows aren’t ok na din. This has been in my bucket list ever since but since I didn’t have savings during those days; it remained in my bucket list for so many years. Now that we have finally started saving, it’s a lot easier to do home improvement. Finally, we’ll have our own personal space na din!
So un na nga, I hurried downstairs to tell my mom the good news. She’s been waiting for a major house renovation na din kasi ever since my dad stopped working. So when Eric finally agreed to tap on our savings to get everything done, I told mom na din para di na kami mag-backout. J Mom instantly asked for a construction worker to check on the house and do estimates of how much the labor and materials would cost. That same day, I asked my dad to order for the construction materials and have it delivered Monday (kasi Monday pa daw pwede ung mga laborers, I had to do that kasi baka magbago pa isip ko if we wait until Monday..).So wala ng makakapigil sa’men!
I’m super excited! Kasi Ive been wanting to paint our room, post pictures on the wall and draw paintings on the wall na din para it’ll look like Nyx’s room na din. Finally, mangyayari na din.  This Monday morning, tapos na sila sa walls and ceiling. They’ll come back tomorrow to install the windows and to do the repairs sa living room naman. I’ll post pictures soon!

Life really gets better to those who are determined and to those who remain patient while waiting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good to hear that.. Finally nakapg pa renovate na din kau. will wait for the pictures.. miss you all. happy to know na ok na ang finances mo ngyon... :) - Tita Oni